Be it the Air Pods or the Airpods2, both are engineered to function homogenously with all the Bluetooth-supporting devices of Apple.
Though all these work brilliantly almost 99 times out of a hundred this isn’t the case for all, all the time.
This is pretty irritating as the Air Pods tend to stop working with no evident reasons. In case, you are hit by such a bug, follow the following to resolve the issues:
On your iPhone or iPad launch the Settings app.
Need to tap Bluetooth, and then the ‘I’ icon to your Air Pods in the list.
Now tap- Forget this Device.
Note that both the Air Pods are in their charging case & the case is charged too.
Find the small button on the case’s back, near the bottom. As the color is flushed with the case and you will need to feel for it.
The charging case lid to be opened.
For about 15 seconds, you should press and hold the button on the back of the case. If you own the non-wireless first-generation of the Air Pods charging case then the internal light of the case will flashlight and then amber (indicating their resetting).
If using Air Pods 2 or a wireless charging case then this light will be in front.
Close the lid of the Air Pods case, re-open it
With the open lid, hold the Air Pods case next to your iPad or iPhone. You will see a popup to connect them when your iOS device recognizes the Air Pods.
Still, your problem doesn’t come out solved then try resetting the network settings of your iPhone.
My Left or Right Air Pod not working
Though it’s difficult to pinpoint or find something when it comes to any sort of problems with the Air Pods or Air Pods Pro
There are chances when one works seamlessly and the other stops working. This type of issue may arise with the left Air Pod or the right Air Pod. With either of these, there may be connectivity issues or maybe a low battery.
Why my right Air Pod doesn’t connect?
What should I do when one Air Pod does not work?
These type of questions are the common ones which are asked by the users of the Air Pods and Air Pods Pro.
We have the solution for you! You can try these five things whenever you have an Air Pod issue.
1. Check the battery of your Air Pods
This is a crucial factor as it all depends on the battery life. In case one of the battery is low, then straightaway the one Air Pod whose battery is low will get disconnected and the other one with a higher battery will remain connected.
The underlying reason when one Air Pod is not connecting could be, that you might be using one Air Pod for a longer time and the other one for a lesser time. You should check the battery levels of your Air Pods in this case.
To rectify this problem just do the following:
Open the control center on your iPhone to check the Air Pods battery.
Under the music card, you need to tap on the icon which is located at the right corner on top which reveals the battery status.
Now remove the Air Pods from your ears and place them back in the case.
Wait for a couple of seconds.
Check properly if the Air Pods are working fine or not.
2. Forget & Re-pair Air Pods
If the problem still exists, you can try forgetting from the Bluetooth devices list of your iPhone. Now launch the settings on your iPhone- hit the Bluetooth. As discussed above in the article too, you will be able to see that the Air Pods are connected to your iPhone’s Bluetooth. You need to tap the ‘I’ icon seen on the right and then tap on the forget device at the bottom.
Put the Air Pods both in the case and repair it from the start. For a few seconds open the lid and hold the physical button. When you see the Air Pods on your iPhone’s Bluetooth device list, pair it to find out whether the left Air Pod and right Air Pod are working or not.
3. Reset your AirPods
If any of the above methods do not work then try resetting your AirPods again. This method will clear every paired device while restoring it to the factory defaults.
Repeat the above, wait for the LED lights to flash after 15 seconds, and pair it normally to check if your right Air Pod and left Air Pod are getting connected or not.
4.Reset network settings
This isn’t necessary that the issue is with the Air Pods and Air Pods Pro all the time but the problem may be with your iPhone.
Sometimes multiple BlueTooth devices are connected and there are chances of connectivity issues with your AirPods.
Reset the network settings and see if it works.
One thing to be kept in mind here is, until and unless it is essential then only try out this step as you may lose all your saved Bluetooth devices which are there on your iPhone. You will need to repair it again. Even all the saved Wi-Fi networks and passwords will also be gone.
Follow the below steps for resetting on your iPhone:
Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings
5. Reboot your iPhone or iPad
If still one Air Pod or Air Pod Pro not connecting then the last option is to reboot or restart your iPhone.
Hope all your problems get resolved with the steps mentioned in the article above.
In case, nothing works out then replacement is the right option and you should always seek help from Apple Support.
Related Read: Why Are My Airpods Case Not Charging – 5 Tips & Tricks
Some Great Air Pod Alternatives
In place of replacement you can also go for some good alternatives for your Air Pods:
JBL Tune 125TWS -True Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- JBL PURE BASS SOUND: JBL has powered festivals and concerts around the world for decades. Now let JBL bring your own world to life with incredible Pure...
- UP TO 32 HOURS BATTERY (8H IN THE EARBUDS + 24H IN THE CASE): You can listen to these earbuds all day and all night and get a top up with just 15-minute...
- FAST PAIR ENABLED BY GOOGLE: As soon as you take your earbuds out of the case, they are paired to your Android device in a single tap. After pairing, any...
- INDEPENDENT BUDS FOR CALLS & MUSIC: Left ear, right ear, both ears? The power of Dual Connect gives you the choice to seamlessly enjoy music or make calls...
- COMFORTABLE: Experience total freedom with the True Wireless JBL Tune 125TWS earbuds in full comfort. Snug-fitting they come with 3 sizes of eartips to fit...
Sony True Wireless Earbuds
- TRULY WIRELESS: Compatible with Apple or Android cell phones, sync using Bluetooth connection & NFC
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELING: WF-SP700N headphone set minimizes distractions & noises for crisp listening
- AMBIENT SOUND MODE: Blend music & environmental sounds during fitness sessions or outdoor workouts
- SPLASHPROOF: IPX4 rated to handle sweat or rain splashes when you're at the gym or outside running
- LONG BATTERY: SP700N has up to 9 hours of playback battery life during workouts or athletic training
AUKEY True Wireless Earbuds
Tao Tronics Wireless Earbuds
- Boosted Bass Performance: The Bluetooth earbuds are equipped with refined 13mm drivers and bass tubes to enrich low frequency effects and in turn bring...
- Upgraded Noise Cancellation: Conduct clear phone calls with the dual cVc 8.0 noise cancelling microphone technology with effective background noise...
- Hi-Fi Audio: The wireless earbuds feature aptX coding and composite diaphragm to deliver rich, clear and remarkable sound that covers a full range of...
- One-Step Pairing: Auto connects with your device once you open the charging case lid; press and hold the reset button on the back of the charging case to...
- Long 28hr Total Playtime: Up to 7hrs playtime on one charge, an extra 21hrs with the pocket-size charging case; quickly juice up your earbuds via the USB-C...