LAST UPDATED: April 27th, 2022 | BY:
People increasingly see the importance of online shopping every day, and hearing aids are no exception. MDHearingAid is one of the manufacturers available that provide cost-effective and reliable hearing aids and tests that might match your needs online.
This MDHearingAid review will review more about the MD Hearing Aids, the types of hearing aids they provide, what to expect from each model, and the potential drawbacks you may experience.
MDHearingAid is a midwestern direct-to-consumer organization that manufactures hearing aids in Southfield, Michigan. It has over a decade of experience, and it has sold over 500,000 hearing aids worldwide. Currently, MDHearingAid is one of the more popular and affordable hearing aid companies globally.
MDHearingAid’s only mission is to provide advanced and affordable hearing aids to its customers. If you want to buy from MDHearingAid, the whole process is online, including the hearing test. This is different from a hearing center where a specialist who sells hearing aids onsite attends to you.
Its in-house audiologists properly test MDHearingAid’s hearing aids. The hearing aids are approved by the Food and Drugs Administration (FDA). While customer experiences with the shopping process are quite different, it is overall a streamlined experience that could reduce cost.
Pros & Cons Of MDHearingAid
MDHearingAid has numerous pros that make it one of the most reliable hearing aids. However, it also has a few cons. In this section, we will be listing the pros and cons of the MDHearingAid.
- Excellent value for money.
- MDHearing aid comes in three different types at three different prices.
- They have a 45-day return policy.
- All the process is done online. This will save you time.
- When you buy through MDHearing aids, it costs less than buying from a traditional hearing aid supplier.
- They offer products recommendations and a free hearing test.
- They have in-house audiologists who are readily available for customer support.
- Each model comes with a 90-day warranty.
- Insurance might not cover the cost of your hearing aids.
- You have to buy a product protection package apart from the 90-day warranty if you want more extended coverage.
- The product recommendations and free hearing tests are not substitutes for significant hearing problems that an audiologist should adequately address.
MDHearingAid AIR - Classic Behind - The - Ear Design
- Latest background noise reduction.
- Feedback cancellation.
- It comes with four different audio settings. You can adjust your environment by choosing between social, restaurant, noisy, and quiet environments.
- Very portable. It is only one inch long, making it one of the smallest BTEs on the market today.
- It comes with a replaceable size 13 battery.
Current Price: On the official MDHearingAid site, the original price of the AIR currently is $799.99 for the bundled pair. A single hearing aid goes for $399.99. You can get it here.
The AIR is the most affordable, primary, and best-selling type at MDHearingAid. This hearing aid has all the essential functions a hearing aid should have. However, there are some features that other MDHearingAid models have that the MDHearingAid AIR doesn’t have.
These features include rechargeable batteries, water resistance, Bluetooth connectivity, dual microphones, etc. The MDHearingAid AIR will give you good quality sound amplification at an incredibly affordable price, even without these features.
The AIR doesn’t have an off switch, the same as the CORE. Before turning the hearing aid off, you have to open the battery compartment. This makes it convenient to turn it off for a short time. Some customers complain that the battery compartment door is fragile.
Another complaint is that the compartment door demands excessive manual dexterity. However, the MDHearingAid AIR is your best option if you are on a budget but want quality sound output without the advanced features.
Read Next: The Lucid Hearing Aid Reviews
MD Hearing Aid VOLT - Rechargeable Batteries
- Intelligent and advanced background noise reduction.
- It comes with two directional microphones, which allows you better control to focus on the exact sound you want.
- Feedback cancellation.
- It is rechargeable. So, you don’t have to worry about buying and replacing batteries.
- It comes with four different audio settings. You can easily adjust your environment by choosing between quiet, restaurant, automatic, and conversation environments.
- It is a perfect water-resistant coating that protects your hearing aids from rain, sweat, and accidental drops in water.
- It comes with a small rechargeable case.
- Unlike the AIR and the CORE, the VOLT+ comes with an off switch.
Current Price: From MDHearingAid’s official website, the current price of the VOLT+ for the pair bundle is $1199.99, while the single hearing aid is $599.99. You can purchase it here.
The VOLT+ offers several features and advantages compared to the AIR. If you have more money to spend, the VOLT+ is an excellent choice. The VOLT+ has all the essential functions and features of the AIR with extra features such as rechargeable, water resistance, etc. The price of the VOLT+ is also very affordable. If you are looking for comfort at an affordable price, consider this hearing aid.
The VOLT+ is a remarkable improvement over the VOLT. The VOLT takes longer to charge and only lasts about 18-22 hours on a single charge. The VOLT+ lasts 24-30 hours when fully charged, making it one of the hearing aids with durable battery life. The size of the VOLT+ is a little bigger than the AIR but smaller than the CORE.
It also comes with a small magnetic recharging case that can fully charge your hearing aid three times. This implies that you can charge the VOLT+ in its case fully within its rechargeable case without plugging the case into a socket. This is a significant improvement over its predecessor. If you are often outdoors or love going on vacations where you might not have electricity, the VOLT+ is an excellent choice.
This hearing aid also has an IP57-rated water-resistant coating. This coating protects the hearing aid for up to 30 minutes in water. So, you don’t have to worry if a rainstorm happens when you are outside. The water resistance of several hearing aids is no match for the VOLT+.
Recommended Read: Some Of The Best Tweak Hearing Aid For You
MDHearing Aid Core – Smart Device Compatibility
- It comes with four various audio settings. You can choose between quiet, conversation, restaurant, and automatic environments to adjust your environment
- Feedback cancellation.
- Customized experience. The application lets you create and save customizable settings. You can also do this between different ears.
- Advanced background noise cancellation.
- Size 312 batteries that are easily replaceable.
- Two directional microphones allow you to focus on the particular sound you want to hear.
- It comes with an adaptive technology that automatically changes between its four different audio settings.
Current Price: On the official MDHearingAid website, the current price of the CORE for the pair bundle is $1599.99, while the single hearing aid is $799.99. You can buy the CORE here.
The CORE is the most expensive hearing aid in the MDHearingAid category. This spectacular hearing aid responds to customers’ desire for connectivity by providing a perfect Bluetooth connection. You can also sync the CORE to your tablet or smartphone.
You can then create and save customizable audio settings. You can also adjust the CORE remotely through your smartphone. Although the CORE doesn’t have some advanced features like water resistance and rechargeability like the VOLT+, it offers an individualized audio experience you can control from your smartphone and tablet.
Without any doubt, the most significant selling point of the CORE is its discrete and handy smartphone app. This app is compatible with Android version five and above or iOS version ten and above.
The application is very intuitive, and you don’t have to fumble around your ear before you can control your hearing aid. Furthermore, if you notice that your hearing has changed, you can easily adjust your hearing aid by rerunning its setup from the app.
The products of MDHearingAid have a 45-day return policy. MDHearingAid firmly encourages its customers to try their hearing aids for at least three weeks. The products also have a 90-day warranty.
You will need a return merchandise authorization from MDHearingAid before you can return your hearing aid. You can read more about the return policy here.
MD Hearing Aid has various options of customer service if you need to talk to someone about the hearing aid app, connectivity, warranty information, or any other problem. Customer service representatives will try to solve your problem as soon as possible. You can speak to a customer representative over the phone on (800) 859-6285, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (CST).
You may also email the company at support@MDHearingAid.com, 24 hours a day,7 days a week. If you need suggestions from an expert audiologist, an MD hearing aid can help and recommend the right product in your circumstances. You may also find different resources on the MD Hearing Aid website, having a frequently asked questions page.
MDHearingAid Accessories And Extra Features
This app is compatible only with the core. People who have been using this app have two hearing Aids may create a hearing profile for each ear.
Once the profiles have been created, the user can view the battery status of the hearing aid, adjust the volume of one or both hearing aids, change programs, gain control of noise reduction, control frequencies, and more.
There is a “find my device” feature that helps users to find the Hearing Aid if it is misplaced. The app is functional on iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
This can substitute cleaning chemicals for hearing Aids and doubles as a storage box suitable for traveling or home. It uses dry heat to dehumidify and dry the device.
It uses UV-C light also to prevent the development of skin-irritating or harmful bacteria. It can have up to two pairs of hearing Aids at once. It currently retails directly from MD Hearing Aid at $74.99.
This functions as overnight storage as it is essentially a plastic container that is coated with the desiccating substance. No electric connection or batteries are required. It currently retails at dollar 8.99
MD Hearing Aid manufactures devices that prove – “you get what you pay for”. In spite of being the most economical hearing aids in the market, they provide a level of technology and features found on the hearing aids that cost twice as much.
For this reason, only they deserve consideration if you or someone you know suffers from mild to moderate loss of hearing.
Vincent h. Verified Buyer
I have been wearing hearing aids for 15 years. paid anywere from 6000. to 700. a pair. out of the box these aids were outstanding. I hear as good as before I lost my hearing the volume control is the dif. no more huh what did you say.thank you MD
Kurt k. Verified Buyer
I use hearing aids since 2010 ($5000.00) and was never satisfied. When one didn’t work anymore I tried your offer and I received your product on Monday. What a difference, I can hear everything now, even when somebody speaks behind me. Thank you very much.
Sharon C. Verified Buyer
I’ve been wearing my Air hearing aids for one full week now. Very excited and extremely satisfied with the results. My last audiology revealed mild to moderate hearing loss and hearing aids were recommended. However the cost was outrageous! After Googling and researching different companies I decided to try MD Hearing.