Looking for the Best Bone Conduction Headphones? The hearing aid market is mainly concentrated on those that have partial or rather minimum hearing loss. The style of hearing aids that most of us know about are amplification gadgets with a microphone that grabs the audios as well as sends them into the ear with an increase so a damaged ear could understand them much more plainly. The innovations in standard styles for hearing improvement additionally make it possible to block out series of audio, surface area noise as well as control various other variables so the hearer listens to audio that is a lot more precise and not as affected by unconnected babble around them.
TOP 5 BESTSELLING BONE CONDUCTION HEARING AIDS ON THE MARKET
5 BEST RATED BONE CONDUCTION HEADPHONES REVIEWS
Aftershokz Bluez 2s Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones
Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones employ the transmission of sound directly into the ear canal through the bones of jaw. This technology has been around for many years for aiding people with hearing loss and fitness enthusiasts who want to listen to both music and sounds from the surroundings. Aftershokz Bluez 2S Wireless Bluetooth headphones utilize the same technology while upgrading the first generation features and offering more bang for your buck. These wireless bone conduction Bluetooth headphones meet the IP55 standards of dust and sweat protection. Read more
Lightweight at 1.4 ounces which makes the wireless headphones easy to wear for longer durations.
OpenFit technology is useful in environments where it is important to listen to ambient noise or sounds such as while jogging or walking down a street.
IP55 rating helps to keep sweat, dust and rains at bay from the headphones.
These headphones have an in-built switch which doubles up as a power button, volume rocker and other functions.
PremiumPitch+ technology helps to offer extended bass and reduced sound leakage from the headphones.
The Aftershokz Blues 2S Bone Conduction wireless headphone supports rechargeable Li-Ion battery and offers standby time up to 10 days.
As the Aftershokz Blues 2S Bone Conducting wireless Bluetooth headphones are not focused towards offering pristine audio quality, some might find the sound performance lower than their expectations.
The battery life of the Aftershokz Blues 2S is a bit on the shorter end of the spectrum.
All in all, the Aftershokz Blues 2S Bone Conducting Bluetooth Wireless Headphones offer premium sound quality for people with hearing loss or someone who simply wants to invest in a pair of Bluetooth wireless headphones that don’t fall out of the ears while running or working out and allow to hear what’s going on around them.
If lightweight design, durable construction and premium features along with a comfortable pair of bone conducting wireless headphones are your deal, look no further than Aftershokz Blues 2S. They come at a justified price tag and provide enough sound quality and volume to make your routine fun.
Aftershokz Trekz Titanium Wireless Bone Conduction Headphone
Bone conduction earphones or headphones utilize the jaw bones to transmit sound to the listener through vibrations. Aftershokz is a leading name in high-quality wireless bone conducting headphones and their AS600SG Trekz Titanium Open Ear Wireless Headphones are no exception. The Trekz Titanium employs Aftershokz signature PremiumPitch and OpenFit technologies to deliver crystal clear sound in a durable, lightweight and comfortable package, while allowing people with hearing aids or even a casual listener to be more aware of their surroundings. Read more
Offers pristine sound quality and rich sound spectrum, despite being non-traditional.
The Aftershokz Trekz Titanium come with a stellar battery life which allows the user up to six hours of listening on Bluetooth and complete in-line controls.
Bone conduction technology is useful for people with hearing aids and for those who want the immersive audio experience without compromising on external sounds and voices.
The no cords and no wires experience is helpful while working out in the gym or running.
The titanium construction of the Aftershokz Trekz Titanium offers durability, light-weight and long lasting hearing experience in a comfortable package.
Provides up to 6 hours of continuous music and audio playback with rechargeable Li-ion batteries.
The Aftershokz Trekz Titanium are difficult to wear with gear such as helmets, glasses etc.
For some people, the sound quality might be subjective and less engaging than closed-ear headphones.
If you are looking for solid, lightweight and comfortable bone conduction headphones with long battery life and good sound quality, the Aftershokz Trekz Titanium perfectly fits the bill. They are durable and easy to use and also allow the user to listen to ambient noises, while enjoying their music.
Buy it for the excellent value for money and advanced features and you will be pleased to hear the world around you again!
MARSBOY WIRELESS BONE CONDUCTION HEARING AIDS
Marsboy Bone Conduction Headphones employs the innovative bone conduction technology to transmit sound waves directly into the ear canal using vibrations. Bone conduction is a breakthrough technology which allows the users to listen to music without blocking their ears. With its OpenFit technology, Marsboy bone conduction headphones provide comfortable fit while allowing the user to listen to ambient sounds during working out or running in different environments. With its snug fit and advanced tech, let’s take a detailed look at the various features of the Marsboy Bone Conduction wireless Bluetooth headphones
Finally coming to the part which matters the most to a buyer – does the Marsboy Bone Conduction headphones offer more pros than cons? Here’s a detailed look at this question below –
The Marsboy bone conduction headphones allow the user to listen to music while also hearing ambient and external sounds at the time of running, working, and exercising or doing any outdoor activity.
Offer good Bluetooth connectivity with a considerable range and ability to pair with the devices easily.
Provide a wire-free snug fit which is very useful and comfortable while running, exercising or working out.
These wireless bone conduction headphones offer stellar battery life of up to 6 hours of music and audio and longer.
There is a pair of foam earplugs provided with the Marsboy bone conduction wireless headphones for better sound quality and experience.
The Marsboy bone conduction headphones do not offer high fidelity sounds, as compared to other bone conduction wireless headphones.
The fit can be a hit or a miss for people who use gear such as helmets, glasses etc.
Overall, the Marsboy Waterproof Bone Conduction headphones are a solid option for someone looking to invest in a decent sounding, lightweight, comfortable and versatile headphones. They not only allow you to listen to your music, but also the sounds of the world around you. With comfort and a snug fit, you will love to use them while working out or exercising without including messy cords or wires. Plus, with their competitive price tag, the Marsboy bone conducting headphones are a great deal for your money.
SAIN SONIC BM-7 BONE CONDUCTION HEADPHONE
With different competitors in the bone conduction headphone market, SainSonic aims to find its own ground with the BM-7 bone conduction headphone. Allowing people to listen to their music with the help of their cheekbones, the SainSonic BM-7 features cutting edge bone conduction technology enables the user to hear ambient noises as well. Primarily aimed at people with hearing aids and athletes, the SainSonic BM-7 comes as a solid bone conduction headphone for the average listeners who want a no-wire affair with their music while also staying alert to the background noises and sounds.
Unlike traditional headphones, the SainSonic BM-7 bone conduction headphones offer many benefits such as –
While listening to music, a person can immediately listen to incoming calls with a simple and easy to use manner.
The SainSonic BM-7 is compatible with every Bluetooth device and offers spot-on sound reproduction.
The SainSonic BM-7 utilizes bone conduction technology which allows the user to listen to background sounds and ambient noises while working out, performing or simply during the daily chores.
These wireless headphones offer rich stereo sound quality and a clear audio experience even at loud volumes.
The SainSonic BM-7 are lightweight and durable with enough comfort to last you a daily session of biking, hiking, exercising or simply listening to music and ambient sounds.
The SainSonic BM-7 do not come with an adjustable band which might be troublesome for some people to get used to.
Like all bone conduction headphones, they also leak some noise.
The SainSonic BM-7 is a lightweight, comfortable to use and durable bone conduction headphone which will allow you to hear the best of both worlds at a competitive price tag. They are a serious option for someone looking to invest in a robust and functional bone conduction wireless headphone.
With 2 years after sales support and a decent mix of form and useful function, the SainSonic BM-7 is definitely recommended for their value for money. They come with a user manual, storage bag, earcap and a cleaning cloth in the box.
Aftershokz Bluez Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones
The Aftershokz Bluez 2 delivers audio through Bone Conduction technology, i.e. transmitting audio waves through the bones of the skull, unlike the conventional way of covering the ears. Aftershokz is widely popular for utilizing bone conduction technology in their headphones and their offering Bluez 2 stays true to the fact with its wireless and Bluetooth abilities. If you are someone who spends time outdoors while exercising, working out, performing or simply commuting, the Aftershokz Bluez 2 lets you hear your music while also allowing ambient noise and sounds to keep you alert. Read more
With the trademark Bone Conduction technology and additional features, let’s take a look at the pros of the Aftershokz Bluez 2 –
Offers a wire-less listening experience with bone conduction technology to ensure the listener can be open to ambient sound while on the go.
Their lightweight and comfortable frame offers quality sound in a portable form factor.
The PremiumPitch and OpenEar technologies are highly useful for people with hearing aids.
Being sweat and moisture resistant, the Aftershokz Bluez 2 is perfect for working out or performing.
Comes with a smart storage pouch and a micro-USB cable inside the box.
Just like other bone conduction headphones, the Aftershokz Bluez 2 also leak sound.
In noisy environments, these headphones do not offer an immersive audio experience.
The Aftershokz Bluez 2 is a great wireless bone conducting headphone at a competitive price. With the right balance of lightweight and portable form and also advanced technological functions on board, one really cannot go wrong with these if looking to invest in a bone-conducting headphones.
Although the audio quality is subjective, they do offer loud volumes and consistent Bluetooth support for outdoor listening. If you are someone who is often found around loud, noisy environment, the Aftershokz Bluez 2 devices are perfect for listening to audio, phone calls and ambient noise.
History on Bone Conduction
In the last 20 years, bone conduction hearing aids (Baha) became a considerable resolution in healing a few types of hearing loss. During the Renaissance, Girolamo Cardano established a technique by which sound may be broadcast to the ear through a shaft or rod of a spear held between one’s teeth: this was the commencement of teeth activators to improve hearing, firstly in regards to a musical instrument and in the succeeding part of the 19th century, with the speaker. The advancement of the carbon microphone at the commencement of the 20th century permitted the creation of the bone conduction vibrator positioned on the mastoid area, particularly supported by eyeglasses since the 1950s. This method confronted various problems and a notable loss of part of sound in the supple tissue of the exterior mastoid gave an idea to Anders Tjellström to insert the vibrator into the mastoid bone, who then developed the first Baha in Göteborg in the year 1977. Since then, various developments allowed the expansion of the actual Baha.
Bone Conduction Devices
Implantable Bone Conduction
Implantable Bone Conduction instruments are appropriate for people with conductive losses and/or some mixed hearing loss. They have also been supportive for some children with single-sided hearing problem or deafness. These devices transport a sound signal through vibration via the skull bone. This means the exterior and middle ears are not indulged in conveying the sound to the cochlea.
One assortment of bone-conduction implant applies a surgically-implanted screw in the skull and then set into the bone of the skull generally just behind the ear.
The second assortment of bone-conduction implant applies surgically implanted magnets linked to a titanium screw or a vibrator in the skull.
Non-Implantable or Surface Bone Conduction receives the sound with a microphone and transforms the signal into vibrations. With the help of these vibrations, the inner ear can be activated and allows patient to hear when the usual channel of the ear canal is absent. In this way, sound waves can evade the hereditary lack of an ear canal and eardrum and activates the usually functioning hearing nerve straightforwardly. These instruments can be used from several months of age onward. The hearing received through this method may permit the normal speech, language and brain improvement. Some children use this expertise until an ear canal is prepared while others carry on with this technology throughout their lifetime if they are not appropriate candidates for foundation of an ear canal.
What Are Bone Conduction Hearing Aids or Headphones?
Regular hearing aids take sound from outside the ear, amplify it in the middle ear, and pass the sound on to the inner ear. Bone conduction earpiece work differently. Like a regular hearing aid, it takes the outside sound signal. But, the bone conducting hearing aid sends the signal to an oscillator, rather than an earmold. The oscillator vibrates against the skull, and the vibration is interpreted by the inner ear as sound.
Bone conduction hearing aids are not as effective as regular hearing aids, but they are intended for those who can’t use one. They are good for hearing disorders like Atresia, which affects children. Atresia means that the hearing canal is blocked. A regular hearing aid is ineffective because no sound can pass from the outer to the inner ear. You may need a bone conduction hearing aid if you have persistent ear infections or eczema. If the ear canal is smaller than normal, or if some portion of the ear canal is gone, a bone conduction hearing aid may be necessary.
Bone conduction hearing aids are suitable for children. They are also good for those who have temporary hearing loss, due to blockage, infection or injury. Hearing aids that operate through bone conduction are used by less than 1 of hearing aid wearers. This means they can be hard to find. Talk to your audiologist or medical specialist about where to buy one.
There are some problems with bone conduction hearing aids. Like a regular hearing aid, they cannot reproduce the sound exactly. The sound is same to what you hear from a telephone. Another disadvantage of bone conduction hearing aids is that the sound is mono, not stereo. When the sound vibration comes through bone, the listener can’t tell where the sound is coming from.
A bone conduction headphones for hearing loss includes a hearing device and a headband to keep the device in place. The headband must be tight so that the vibrations are strong within the skull, so they are sometimes uncomfortable. When these hearing aids were developed, they were fitted inside glasses. At the time, more glasses-wearers preferred thick lenses, so a tiny device could be implanted in the glasses, and its vibrations could be felt.
New models of bone conduction hearing aids for hearing loss use a device that is surgically implanted. One company that produces models such as this is BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aids), based in Sweden. Because it works directly on the bone and does not need to pass through skin, there are a few advantages to implanting the device:
The device doesn’t need as much power to operate.
The frequency range is wider for good sound quality.
There is less distortion.
A BAHA hearing aid should be used only as a last result. You may want to use one if you have permanent hearing damage that can’t be surgically improved. You should exhaust all other options before going for the implant.
Wired VS Wireless Bone Conduction
Bone conduction earphones have been around for quite some time now, offering the listeners to hear through the bones in their skull, as opposed to conventional means of listening via ears. Both wired and wireless headphones allow the user to wear them around the cheek bones while working out, performing, practicing or simply commuting in a noisy environment. This is especially useful for people with hearing aids to stay alert of external noises and voices while enjoying their music.
Both wired and wireless bone conduction headset deliver sound through the same technology, i.e. bone conduction technology and when it’s about choosing the best of the two, it comes down to personal preferences in the end.
While some people with visual or aural impairments would certainly prefer having a wired bone conduction headset due to its clear and easy to use mechanism, there are people who naturally sway towards the wireless cousin that offers freedom from wires or cords while listening to music or doing anything under the sun.
While a wired headphone is certainly heavier and cumbersome than its wireless cousin, it also serves as an immediate purpose of not losing your headphones as they are always close to your body. Also a wired bone conduction earphone offers significantly longer battery life as compared to a wireless one which utilizes Bluetooth for listening to audio or phone calls.
Other Things To Know About Bone Conduction
Working of Bone Conduction Headphones
Benefits of A Good Bone Conduction Headphones
Listening to music through a bone conduction headset is unique and weird in its own ways. For a first time user, using a Bluetooth bone conduction headphones to listen to audio might seem a bit odd but there are people with hearing aids, professional athletes, performers and even daily workers who use bone conduction headsets to enjoy their tunes while letting the external worldly noises creep into their ears as well.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of the Bone Conduction technology of listening to audio:
1) Multi-Tasking – If your traditional work environment discourages the use of headphones at work, it will take care of that. As these headphones do not cover or close your ear, one can easily listen to ambient and surrounding noises and sounds while enjoying their music. This allows the user to stay connected to the outside world without compromising on the entertainment.
2) Unique Listening Experience – Listening to music via bone conduction headset is unlike any experience you’ve had before. The sound seems to be inside the head and takes an unusual yet pleasant way of finding its way into your ear canal. The sound is rich and warm yet open enough to allow you to hear what’s going around you while you listen to your desired audio. The bass feels closer to you as the headphones vibrate around your face.
3) More Comfortable Fit – Most bone conduction speakers are lightweight, portable and easy to use with your daily gear while working out or during your daily commute. As these do not cover or enclose the ear, one can use them for prolonged duration without getting fatigued. Plus, they stay around longer as compared to traditional in-ear headphones while you move, perform or practice.
4) Increased Situational Awareness – While conventional headphone allow you to immerse in music at the cost of awareness, it offers an effective solution to this problem by simply transmitting the sound waves through your cheekbones while letting your ears stay free and the user alerted for situations on a train, plane or road. Even at loud volumes, bone conduction earphones do a fine job of keeping you in sync with the world around you.
5) Scuba Diving – Listening to music underwater is practically impossible but waterproof bone conduction headphones address this problem with their unique approach of sound transmission. Used by scuba divers and underwater performers, they are an extremely popular choice of professionals while practicing or performing.
6) Protection – For people with a conductive hearing loss, open ear bone conduction headphones can help deliver sound to the ears without interfering with the inner ear. With the innovations and advancement in technology, bone conduction headset have improved noise control so as to allow the listener to protect their hearing. As conventional earphones either go inside the ears or over them, a person is at a higher risk of hearing damage through prolonged usage at loud volumes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1) Are bone conduction headphones good for people with sensitive ears?
As bone conduction headphones utilize the principles of sound waves vibrating around the bones of the skull to produce audio inside the ear canal, they are good for people with sensitive ears who do not want to insert or cover their ears with earphones or headphones.
Q2) Will bone conduction headphones bypass my bad ear to allow me to hear music better?
No as bone conduction headphones only allow you to listen more to ambient sounds and the external noises surrounding you, they do not affect the music listening experience in the context of hearing it better. While they generally provide a good sound quality and make music more enjoyable, it does not always imply that they are better in terms of sound reproduction as compared to conventional headphones.
Q3) Can I use bone conducting headphones with my smartphone?
Yes you can. Be it wired or wireless bone conduction headphones, they are compatible with smartphones, tablets, digital audio players and other portable devices to listen to music.
Q4) Are bone conduction headphones safe in the water?
Based on their IP rating of being water and moisture resistant, bone conduction headphones can or cannot be used under water. Most open ear bone conduction headphones come with an IP53 rating or more to allow usage while in water but one should check the same before buying.
Q5) Are bone conduction headphones good for hearing loss?
Bone conduction headphones utilize the technology of transferring sound waves by creating vibrations around the cheek bones inside the skull. As they fit around the ears without actually closing or covering them, they are highly recommended for people with hearing aids and impairments. Traditional in-ear headphones could damage the ear drums after prolonged usage, but bone conduction headphones actually offer better protection and hearing.
Bone conduction systems are undoubtedly not almost as generally utilized as traditional listening devices. When they were initially designed, to be effective they had to be held to the person’s head with a limited headband that was not only extremely uncomfortable, it was noticeable that made making use of such systems in public much less preferable. However with breakthroughs in technology and medical science, it is now possible to implant the best bone conduction hearing enhancement device in the ear to ensure that it becomes a permanent part of the within the ear.
Not just does this new layout work much better compared to the previous designs, as soon as the system remains in location, it is completely undetectable to the outdoors and maintenance totally free. The user needs to obtain utilized to “paying attention” with the aid of this type of tool but also for people that or else would be deaf, this sort of hearing improvement is a significant blessing to them as well as to their friends or family members as well. If you are not good by budget, then you can also opt for affordable hearing aids as they are not high priced or for the best sound quality, you can select the digital hearing amplifier.
Zhda® World's First Water Resistant Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphone Zhda Brand Hearing Aid+bluetooth Phone+music Keep Ear Open Bluetooth Headset (black)
- Bone conduction headset, second to none, send sound through the cranial bones, help people with hearing impairment to hear the world again, and also applicable to elders.
- Ear opening, keep alert of your surrounding while listen to music, and keep bacteria away
- Water resistant, shock resistant, and dust resistant.
- Can connect two device at the same time
Coolplay® Foldable Adjustable Waterproof Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphone Hearing Aid+bluetooth Phone+music Keep Ear Open Bluetooth Headset (White)
- ★MORE COMFORTABLE - U-shaped design , comfortable to wear with open ear earhook design,more comfortable to wear and more stable.
- ★MORE HYGIENIC - Clean and hygienic , keeping bacteria away, open ear design,preventing otological diseases caused by bacteria.
- ★SAFER - Ear opening, keeping danger away ,open ears,react promptly to surrounding circumstances.
Hanics Hearing Aid_Bone Conduction Hearing Assistive Headset
- The Bone Conduction is a product that derives from a human-engineered technology that enables dynamic hearing without having to cover ones ears, which may result in impaired hearing with long-term use. It uses technology that delivers sound directly to auditory nerves through Bone Conduction device while other general headsets delivers sound to the tympanum through airial conduction
KSCAT Bluetooth Bone Conduction Waterproof IPX6 Titanium Open-ear Stereo Bone Conduction Headphones Bone Conduction Hearing Aid
- Bluetooth Bone Conduction Waterproof: Professional IPX6 waterproof headphones. No worry of damage, even in heavy rain. Ergonomic design for comfortable wearing.
- Bone Conduction Hearing Aid: Innovative bone conduction technology. Bone conduction is a natural part of the hearing process. Our patented transducers guide mini vibrations through the cheekbones, directly to the inner ears.
Oticon Bone Conduction Hearing Aid Replacement Cord
- Oticon Bone Conduction Hearing Aid Replacement Cord.
- One cord per order.
- For use with Oticon instruments only.
- Original product from Oticon.
Supower® Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones DSP Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headset Hearing Aid with Microphone
- Dramatical Bone conduction technology with DSP noise cancelling for speed sound transmission
- Strong compatibility with more stable performance
- HD stereo microphone delivers a clean in vocal and blocks out noise
- Bone-conduction headphones with hearing aids without hurting eardrum
- No earbuds in or over ear, no ear fatigue, no hearing impairment
Supower® Bluetooth Headset Hearing Aid Wireless Bone Conduction HD HIFI Stereo Headphones with Microphone Black
- Dramatical Bone conduction technology with DSP noise cancelling for speed sound transmission
- Strong compatibility with more stable performance
- HD stereo microphone delivers a clean in vocal and blocks out noise
- Bone-conduction headphones with hearing aids without hurting eardrum
- No earbuds in or on ear, no ear fatigue, no hearing impairment
KOAR KBone IPX6 Bluetooth Bone Conduction Headset, Black& Free shipping
- HEAR OUTSIDE ENVIRONMENT -- Our open ear headphones don't block your ear, so you can hear what's going on around you
- STREAM MUSIC AND TAKE CALLS -- Hands free headset and built-in mic so you can talk on the go
- ENJOY LIGHTWEIGHT HEADSET -- Light headphones with titanium memory metal design so you aren't weighed down
- USE WITH YOUR ACTIVE LIFE -- Rugged, sealed design protects the electronics, so you can use it without worry when you're active
AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Open Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones, Slate Grey, (AS600SG)& Free shipping
- Bone conduction technology creates mini vibrations, sending sound through the cheekbones, directly to the inner ears - for awareness and comfort
- Wireless Bluetooth connectivity
- PremiumPitch+ delivers dynamic sound and truly powerful bass.
- 6 hours of music and calls with complete inline controls
- Titanium frame provides durability and flexibility
Aftershokz Bluez 2S Wireless Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones, Green Metallic, (AS500SM)& Free shipping
- Bone conduction technology uses vibrations to transmit sound waves directly to the cochlea
- OpenFitTM assures unmatched ambient sound awareness and extended comfort
- Dual microphones deliver clear communication even in noisy environments
- NEW FEATURES: PremiumPitch+TM patented dual suspension transducers guarantee premium stereo sound and adds more bass and a more dynamic sound range